- Leads strategic business intelligence initiatives for an Alcon franchise by directing the work of a cross functional team (including Forecasting, Business Analytics, Competitive Intelligence and Market Research) through dotted line management of the team members.
- Holds secondary responsibility for designing and directing a $4MM-$6MM primary market research program, and directly manages the work of two (2) subordinate researchers.
- Informs global franchise strategy development by providing compelling analysis of markets, customers, competitors, and products.
- Monitors the performance of franchise strategies by performing extensive triangulation of data from primary research, secondary research and syndicated data, competitive intelligence, sales administration and other external sources.
- Identifies sources of competitive advantage and new and emerging opportunities in the marketplace based on the results of internal research, syndicated data, and external competitive intelligence.
- Leads regional and country-level engagement to ensure alignment, consistency, knowledge sharing and reduction of duplication. Assists in the design and development of regional Market Research programs.
- Assists team in appropriately communicating and delivering insights and in constructively challenging brand teams.
- Consults with (advisor to) senior franchise management on strategic and tactical decisions.
Advanced Degree Strongly Preferred - MBA, MMA. Minimum Degree B.A. in Business or Analytic/Quantitative Field of Study
•Minimum 10 years in the Pharmacuetical Industry
•Minimum 6 years in a Business Intelligence or Market Research role
•Evidence of experience in or exposure to Corporate Strategy or Marketing Strategy
•Prior responsibility for a primary Market Research program of at least $4MM
•Prior responsibility for at least two market research manager level subordinates
•Evidence of strong pharmacuetical Syndicated Data exposure (IMS, Wolters Kluwers, etc.)
•Evidence of stong business revenue impact, e.g., successful new product launches, positive campaign impact, successful marketing program development
Novartis - 13 months ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...