Job Number 1585467
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.In this role, the Biomedical Technician III will properly respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on complex customer’s biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence and may as part of their position function as Site Leader. Essential Responsibilities · Evaluate complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; perform planned maintenance (PM), safety and environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow as well as guide others as needed regarding appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
AND one of the following:
- Establish and engage in proactive daily communications with customers, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. Implement GE / customer facility contract, supporting business goals / objectives.
- Lead, instruct and assist technicians on basic and complex repairs /resolution. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area. Share on-call / pager responsibility.
- Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor’s service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through formal instruction.
- May perform role of Site Leader – direct activities of fellow Biomedical Technicians assigned to site and engage in a more interactive customer relationship, which may include Safety Committee or other participation, with regard to overall account activity.
- Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements, and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Qualifications/Requirements 1) Minimum of High School Diploma/GED required.
2) AND a minimum of four years of experience performing troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic and advanced biomedical equipment following current standards, code and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
- Minimum of one-year military experience or other equivalent formal training in maintaining electronics, electromechanical or medical equipment.
- Minimum of an Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanical Principles.
3) Proficiency in completing electronic documentation using PDA and computer skills.
4) Previous experience developing and maintaining good customer relations.
5) Willing to occasionally travel outside of assigned region.
6) Must have a valid driver’s license. Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Desired Characteristics 1) Certified Biomedical Electronics Technician (CBET) desired.
2) Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
3) Previous experience in a hospital setting.
4) Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
5) Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
6) Change agent and process-oriented.
GE Careers - 2 years ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...