Manu Kai will be offering a Security Officer Training Course. This unpaid 140 hour training program will begin 25 February 2013 to 25 March 2013. This program consists of 140 hours of training which consist of Weapon Proficiency Training on 9mm pistol, 12-ga shotgun and optional M4 patrol rifle (must be 21 years or older) and pass a physical fitness, psychological test.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a Hawaii State Driver’s License.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Applicants who successfully complete all phases of the Security Guard Basic Training Course may be offered call-in Security Guard positions with Ke’aki Technologies, LLC. However, all potential candidates must also complete additional pre-placement requirements (e.g. drug testing, criminal background check, pre-employment physical, agility test and psychological test ).
Performs security duties protecting Federal Government property and persons against sabotage, theft, accidental damage, fire, disorders destruction and unauthorized removal.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
• Complies with all orders for guards.
• General duties include, but are not limited to, controlling installation entry and exit control; controlling movement of vehicles and persons; performing area/building security checks; reporting unsecured buildings, safety hazards; and unusual circumstances.
• Conducts motorized patrols; responses to alarm activation’s; detects and temporarily detains violators; provides assistance to base police personnel; provides preliminary reports regarding incidents of criminal activity, lost or stolen property and vehicular accidents/incidents. Normally operates gates and static security posts.
• Performs other duties as required and/or as assigned.
Feet: Besides walking or standing, a Security Guard uses feet for activities such as driving/operating vehicles, getting onto or off vehicles and pursuing.
Hands: Must be able to do simple grasping, firm grasping and fine manipulation with both hands.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
Possess a Hawaii State Driver’s License.
• Candidate must successfully complete all training programs, agility tests, drug screening and physical requirements.
• Candidate must successfully complete the DON Law Enforcement Phase I Course (including weapons firing).
Must be skilled in:
(2) gates and patrol procedures
(3) traffic control
(4) emergency response actions
(6) crime scene prevention
(7) physical security
(8) force protection
(9) handling of classified information
(10)weapons proficiency and qualification
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
Percent of Travel Required