FIELD ENGINEER - Alexandria, VA area
DYNIS LLC is a network infrastructure services company that specializes in the design, build, and maintenance of mission critical networks. We provide a full suite of information technology and network infrastructure solutions for telecommunications service providers and large enterprise networks. DYNIS LLC has established itself as one of the leading network infrastructure services companies focusing on engineering, furnishing, and installation (EF&I) services to wire-line and wireless service providers, federal and state government agencies, large businesses, and OEMs.
The success of DYNIS LLC is built on the talent and energy of outstanding people; DYNIS LLC possesses a proven reputation in the Telecommunications industry and it is because of the quality and expertise of our capable and valued employees
The Field Engineer works closely with the local Project Manager and account teams to assist in all aspects of deploying and supporting Silver Spring Network (SSN) hardware and related systems in supporting SSN's network. Candidate must have the ability to work independently to troubleshoot network problems, perform radio frequency (RF) coverage tests, and gather survey data.
Initial work sites will be in the Alexandria, VA area, eventually moving gradually south towards Richmond area.
- Strong background and experience with RF and wireless technologies.
- A strong understanding of RF and propagation theory as well as experience with RF test equipment and tools such as spectrum analyzers, power meters, sweep testers and drive test software.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot various electronic and RF systems.
- Candidate must have strong PC skills with software such as, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Candidate must have strong verbal, written, and organizational skills; the ability to directly interface with customers and vendors; maintain a professional appearance; and work independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Travel as much as 80% of the time
- Work independently and multi-task with minimum supervision
- Team player
- Must possess a valid driving license
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science, military training, or equivalent work experience
- Experience and knowledge of gas, water and electric utility meter reading and related technologies
- Experience with GIS mapping software such as MapInfo
- Experience with GPS and coordinate data
- Experience with RF propagation software
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP
Dynis - 14 months ago