Explanation for Position: Systems Programmer for the Linux Systems Programming team.
Details of Position:
The person will be responsible for end to end rotational 24/7/365 support primarily for the Linux platform. Knowledge of UNIX, AIX and AS/400 platforms is a plus. Person will also be responsible for contract administration and minimal accounting related tasks.
- In-depth technical knowledge of the LINUX operating system with beginner to intermediate knowledge of the AIX and iSeries (AS/400) operating platforms.
- Good detailed troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the networking (WAN & LAN).
- Knowledgeable of vendor processes, and product and support offerings.
- Leadership - provide quality leadership and direction to junior team members.
- Excellent communication skills both Oral and written • Detail orientated – data compiling, data analysis, data trending etc.
SQL Programming - Beginner
TCP/IP - Intermediate
Java Server Pages - Beginner
UNIX Fundamentals - Intermediate
Linux System Administration - Intermediate
UNIX Shell - Intermediate
MQ - Intermediate
J2EE Development - Beginner
Perl - Beginner
Oracle - Intermediate
Solaris - Intermediate
AIX - Intermediate
Mimix – Beginner
NAS - Intermediate
iSeries environment - Intermediate
Citrix - Beginner
Tivoli - Intermediate
Technical Knowledge of Hardware & Software - Intermediate
HP-UX - Intermediate