SPECIFICATIONS: Requirements are representative of basic levels of knowledge, skills and/or
abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities
or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
1. Preferred Collage Degree
2. Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
3. 3-5 years' experience as a Catering, Wedding Planner or equivalent experience.
4. Familiarity with food and beverage basics, menu planning and private/group
event coordination and planning
5. Strong sales and negotiation skill set
6. Ability to satisfactory communicates in English with guests, management and
co-workers to their understanding.
7. Knowledge of current weddings trends and sites, computers , Daylight or
Delphi , Excel as well as Microsoft Office programs
8. Past experience in event design and decor
1. College degree.
4. Knowledge of liquor, wine and spirits.
6. Any previous Culinary training.
7. Certification in alcohol awareness program.
8. Certification in CPR and First Aid.
9. Previous guest relations training.
11. Familiarity with sales goals and interpreting budgets.
12. Previous wedding design skill set
Essential 1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and
co-workers to their understanding in person and by telephone.
2. Ability to provide legible communication.
3. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
4. Ability to remain standing or sitting for long periods of time.
5. Ability to maintain interactions by telephone for up to four hours at a time.
6. Ability to think clearly and remain calm under pressure, ability to refer problem
situations to supervisor.
7. Ability to abide by and uphold standards, policies and procedures with all
8. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; multi-task.
9. Ability to interact with staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
11. Ability to focus attention of details.
12. Ability to suggestively sell and up-sell menu items, beverages and wines.
13. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
14. Ability to work without direct supervision, proactive.
15. Ability to anticipate and understand guests' and caller's needs and comply
with such to ensure guest's and caller's satisfaction.
16. Ability to work cohesively with other departments as part of a team.
17. Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
18. Ability to promote positive relations with all guests and telephone callers.
19. Ability to work cohesively with other departments as part of a team.
WEDDING JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a. Scheduled all wedding events, activities, locations and times.
b. All department policies/service procedures.
c. Employee Handbook.
2. Handle inquiry calls, contract and negotiations according to departmental procedures for wedding leads.
3. Schedule site inspections and meet with any walk-in perspective clients to show and describe resort services
and guidelines, insuring each visiting guest leaves with a positive impression.
4. Book Private event space and private dining space using departmental policy and procedures.
5. Input traces for deposits and event details follow up. Insure timely deposits, follow up and event details are
accurate and entered into the sales and catering system
6. Responsible for all wedding contracts, ability to maintain and establish vendor relationships
7. . Trouble shoots guest problems as appropriate, using discretion and good judgment.
8. Prepare Banquet Event Orders identifying specifics for each event and secure contract from client
9. Insure accurate and detailed event orders are prepared in a timely fashion and prepared for distribution by
maintaining BEO Book
10. Secure guaranteed commitment for the number of persons attending events 72 working hours to the start of the
function. Work closely with the client, maintaining a positive relationship in assisting them with such changes
as services, arrival time, rental equipment, time of registration and other outside services. Process all changes
via the Change Log.
Ensure the inspection of table set-ups; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement to departmental
standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
12. Greet all clients at beginning of each function to introduce banquet captain. Insure all hand offs are smooth,
staying when necessary to work with planners 13. Interact with banquet team and banquet culina rayn tdo binrisduerse. smooth flow to the client.
14. Attend weekly Event Order meeting with Chef, Banquets and Stewarding. Review and insure all event orders
personally prepared and discuss at this meeting.
15. Insure accurate and detailed event orders are prepared in a timely fashion and prepared for distribution.
Trouble shoot guest problems as appropriate, using discretion and good judgment, interact with supervisor
and department heads to insure guest satisfaction in all aspects of Auberge.
16. Promote positive relations with guests and employees.
17. Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of
day. Promote positive guest relations at all times
18. Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
ADMINISTRATIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Answer outlet phone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
2. Answer incoming inquiry calls, emails and faxes within 24 hours.
12. Distribute Reports for Daily and Weekly Events Forecast, Daily and Weekly Daily Events Forecast, Daily
Change Sheet, as assigned and distribute according to hotel standards.
20. Maintain accurate trace files and communicate daily traces
21. Attend designated meetings and take notes where necessary
23. Execute special projects with minimal supervision.
24. Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as
part of the Planet Auberge program
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the
performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee
occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their
supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will
Accepted and Acknowledged:
The Inn at Palmetto Bluff - 14 months ago