Division: Biological Assessment
Function: Corn & Soybean Production
State/Province: Hawaii [HI]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Research Tech
Job ID: 3323
Role Purpose/Accountabilities:Role purpose :
The purpose of the Research Technician position is to provide support for the corn breeding programs. This individual will handle specialized tasks, as assigned by the Research Associate. In addition, the Research Technician will be responsible for overseeing work of the Field Technicians assigned to that project.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Knowledge, experience & capabilities:
- Seed treating
Critical knowledge: :
- Six (6) months to two (2) years comparable experience in agriculture preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English
- High school diploma or relevant experience required
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Must be able to use Personal Data Assistant (PDA)
- Ability to work both in a team and as a self-directed individual.
- Ability and initiative to learn new technologies and concepts.
- Ability to use a computer and standard office software.
- Have a Drivers License.
- Have good mathematical/analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused, with a relaxed, friendly attitude.
- Ability to perform under agreed upon time and resource requirements.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to take initiative and drive results.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates inspirationally
- Steps beyond comfort zones
- Fosters a culture of creativity and innovation
- Focuses energy on must-wins
- Manages performance to high standard
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: Ability to work in the field for extended periods of time in a tropical climate. Must be able to correct mistakes made by others and themselves in a professional manner. Must know how to handle difficult situations in a professional manner. Respectful to supervisors and crew. Ability to manage multiple tasks. Ability to work independently. Ability to accurately gather and record data. Legible handwriting. Ability and willingness to work on demanding, high visibility projects.
- Develop self and others
- Recognizes and celebrates success
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work in a tropical environment, with possible adverse lab, greenhouse, and field conditions (heat, wind, rain, humidity)
- Ability to work outdoors and in the rain/variable weather conditions.
Syngenta - 23 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...