In this role, you will be responsible for the development of quantitative/financial applications (primarily in SAS) which will include but not be limited to: forecasting; pricing; managing data involving real estate loan performance. This involves understanding business context and specific requirements, preparing data, creating and documenting technical solutions, and designing and implementing systems.
You will be hands-on with applications that price, value, score, and process large populations of residential mortgage loans and mortgage properties. This position requires attention to detail, passion for accuracy and interest in financial applications.
You will be responsible for developing new applications and enhancing existing applications.
This is a great opportunity to get exposure to large mortgage and financial datasets, and to work on a long term project modernizing some legacy SAS applications, and to work with leading edge economists building the next generation of mortgage systems.
- Researching business context, business requirements, and business specifications ("white papers")
- Understanding intended functionality, and designing data sets necessary to exercise functionality
- Coding and Unit Testing of system functionality
- Managing day-to-day activities related to multiple development projects
- 5+ years’ experience as a Developer with SAS
- Nice to have an emphasis in quantitative/data or financial analysis
- Experience with the Software Development Life-Cycle preferred but not required
- Strong Base SAS, SAS/Macro, SQL, and Excel skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years SAS development for ETL, data warehouse, reporting
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years total experience
- Experience with larger (1 million + record) datasets
About Oakleaf Group
Oakleaf Group is a risk and technology advisory firm. Founded in 2007, we assist clients in the banking, capital markets and financial regulatory organizations to design and implement risk management models, organizations, processes, and IT Systems. We are based in Washington, D.C., with offices in New York City, and our clients include GSEs, FDIC, Treasury, S.E.C., law firms and large banks.
A career with Oakleaf Group puts you at the forefront of some of the most challenging and innovative work in the financial services industry, as we design and construct risk processes, models, systems, and business analytic solutions to respond to the massive post-2008 changes in the financial services industry.
Oakleaf employees receive a full benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, health and dental insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance and a 401(k) plan.