The Wrigley Company is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, lollipops and chocolate. The company has operations in more than 40 countries and distributes its world-famous brands in more than 180 countries. Three of these brands - Juicy Fruit®, Wrigley's Spearmint®, and Altoids® - have heritages stretching back more than a century. Other well-loved brands include Orbit®, Extra®, Starburst®, Doublemint®, Skittles®, Freedent®, Airwaves®, Life Savers®, Eclipse®, and Winterfresh®. Wrigley is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated, a private, family-owned company founded in 1911. Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global revenues of 30 billion dollars annually and producing some of the world's leading brands in six segments that include Chocolate, Drinks, Food, Petcare, Symbioscience and Wrigley.
The position is accountable for leading the Regional Engineering and Continuous Improvement teams for NA region. This role is responsible for the business case development, technical planning and implementation of all capital projects (approx. $50M / year), all new product launches, as well as driving safety and productivity improvements across 5 Mars owned and 20 contract manufacturing locations. As leader of the regional Continuous Improvement organization, this role will accelerate the development and implementation of factory and headquarters continuous improvement programs. This role is the primary technical leader for the North American Wrigley business.
Decision Making Authority, Recommendations, & Impact:
- Accountable for all Wrigley NA strategies related to infrastructure replacements and future investments for growth and capacity expansion to support New Product Launches and productivity initiatives, maintenance and cost savings capital projects for gum and confections for NA region. Annually over 100 initiatives and $50M in capital are executed.
- Lead the engineering organization to partner with category business teams and cross functional technical partners in delivering 3-5% COGS annual productivity.
- Accelerate associate safety performance through equipment and technical training leadership.
- Collaborate with global engineering organization to ensure technical standards and best practices are developed and implemented across the region.
- Manage and develop the Engineering and Continuous Improvement organizations to higher levels of engagement and leadership across the business to increase speed to market and improve vertical startup performance.
The Director of Engineering and Continuous Improvement has accountability for technical development, standards and excellence across the entire $2B North American Wrigley enterprise. The role acts independently and in collaboration across functions to ensure proper site risk management, product protection, cost savings and growth objectives are achieved.
- Bachelors in Engineering required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of technical senior leadership experience in Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing, R&D, or other technically related fields.
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Proven Engineering Project Manager with mastery of technical implementation Leader in TPM, Lean and Six Sigma implementation in factory and office environments.
- Experienced influence manager across functions and business partners.
- Broad business acumen and end-to-end supply chain knowledge.
- Visionary leader able to inspire and grow technical professionals.
- Expertise should include Quality, Risk Management, Safety, Lean Principles, Finance, Business Process and Project, Environmental and Asset Management.
Wrigley - 12 months ago
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and...