Hire, train, develop, and manage the daily operations of the corporate guest relations team.
Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures governing companywide engagement with travel review sites including TripAdvisor, Yelp, Expedia, Open Table, and Google Travel to ensure an impeccable public image and reputation.
Oversee guest correspondence through all online review sites and other applicable channels, ensuring each guest interaction consists of appropriate tone and language to represent the company.
Effectively responds to and resolves escalated guest concerns.
Develop and leverage revenue opportunities through all online review sites.
Collaborate with property and company leaders to identify and resolve root causes of guest concerns.
Work with the internet marketing team to develop, implement, and continually enhance marketing campaigns pertaining to travel review sites.
Provides direct support to all Guest Experience initiatives.
Continually monitors, evaluates, and implements industry best practices in review site management as applicable.
Effectively hire, train, develop, and mentor corporate guest relations team.
Oversee scheduling and payroll to ensure maximum team productivity and cost management.
Develop and enforce department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Foster and maintain a work environment supporting employee engagement.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 or more years of experience in a guest facing role within a hotel/resort/casino environment.
- At least 2 or more years of managerial or supervisory experience within hotel operations, guest relations, VIP services, concierge, or another key guest facing department within a hotel, resort, and/or casino.
- Proven ability to effectively motivate and lead a team to achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal written and verbal communication skills including the mastery of proper spelling and grammar.
- Ability to identify and assess problems and solutions, refer to applicable policies, identify options, recommend, and execute on appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to identify and assess patterns, trends, root causes, develop explanations and test solutions.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Training and development skills.
- Strong reading comprehension and retention skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence to effectively react and respond to a wide range of guest and employee concerns in a personalized and empathetic manner.
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 or more years of experience in a social media, public relations, or marketing role.
- At least 1 or more years of management experience within social media, public relations, or marketing.
- Bachelor degree in hospitality management, marketing, or business.
- Working knowledge of Micros Opera PMS.
MGM Resorts International - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...