- 1 - 2 years experience required
This position exists to develop and supervise the staff and functions of decontamination and sterilization of supplies, equipment and instrumentation. The incumbent supervises and develops Central Supply staff, ensures appropriate decontamination and sterilization processes, prepares reports, assists with the development of policies and procedures, and implements programs associated with these responsibilities. Incumbent ensures associate safety and adherence to regulatory agency recommendations related to the processing area. This position reports to the Manager, Surgical Services. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires certification as a Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) with maintenance of certification.
- Requires CPR Heartsaver certification within 1 month of hire or upon completion of department orientation.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two year Associates Degree preferred.
- Three years of supervisor experience preferred; a minimum of at least three years Team Lead experience required.
- Requires ability to recognize opportunities for improvement.
- Requires independent judgment.
- Requires knowledge of state and federal regulations.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires knowledge of internal and external regulations and procedures for collection, decontamination and sterilization of supplies, equipment and instrumentation.