Test Engineer 2
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
An IM&S program requirement, in Beavercreek, Ohio, has been identified for a self-motivated, hard working operational support engineer/information system security officer (ISSO) who thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, delivery-driven, and highly visible.
The selected candidate will need to be broad in their skills and adaptable to a dynamic operational environment and be able to work independently as well as within a team; communicate well; and initiate and coordinate multiple/parallel activities.
Duties may include (job description meant as a summarization only, this does not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of the position): provide on-site system support to include any “hands-on” maintenance to system hardware such as disk swap outs, software update installs, and system recovery operations; interface directly with system users regarding reported problems with the data management and storage system (hardware and software) to assist with root cause troubleshooting; interface directly with off-site, factory sustainment engineers to help expedite resolution of system discrepancies to full customer expectation/satisfaction; test and verify all implemented deliveries (hardware and software); maintain servers and storage capabilities for large data management and storage applications; provide specific platform infrastructure support; serve as the ISSO for the system and maintain security documentation to include security plans, equipment specifications, practices and procedures; monitor and ensure compliance with all necessary automated information system (AIS) security practices and investigate/document any violations; other duties as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and maintain system operation status to prevent issues and to resolve user/factory reported issues, and assist with root cause analysis of any identified issues
• Work closely with the offsite factory sustainment engineers to diagnose issues and assist with new software deployment activities
• Act as primary point-of-contact for factory engineers for any hardware deliveries
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated communication skills to interface directly with system users and write discrepancy reports for operational system issues
BS degree in computer science or related technical degree, relevant technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
· Experience maintaining and diagnosing issues within Linux/Solaris/AIX operating systems
· Demonstrated understanding of and experience with multi-petabyte archiving systems (ie: IM&S)
· TS/SCI Clearance and polygraph
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 19 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...