Investment Staff Accountant
Product Valuation Department
The Product Valuation Department is responsible for the valuation, trading, reporting, reconciliations, and performance return calculation functions of all mutual funds and variable investments contained in the variable products and mutual fund retirement products administered by se2 in accordance with internal procedures, Client guidelines, FINRA and SEC regulations. This position is full time and will work Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Performs all performance return duties for all variable products serviced;
• Performs account reconciliations, troubleshoots, analyzes, researches, resolves discrepancies;
• Provides teamwork and leadership among departments throughout the company;
• Provides in-depth analysis to management summarizing key findings and appropriate conclusions;
• Adheres to SEC and FINRA regulations, prospectus guidelines, generally accepted accounting principles and state insurance regulations.
• Participate and support product development activities for new and existing clients.
• Facilitate efficiency and effectiveness of product processes, workflow, procedures, systems for assigned initiatives related to pricing/trading/performance returns. This includes interfacing with technical professionals, project teams, Fund Managers, management and staff of se2 business units, internal and external customers and vendors.
• Ensure quality of solutions delivered and identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities
• Conduct Due Diligence for systems setup (VPA, Phoenix, Confluence)
• Create Product Set-Up on systems (VPA, Phoenix, Confluence)
• Data Conversion, integration, implementation, ongoing validation of system, product, process conversion
• Facilitating communication with the internal/external customers, vendors and Fund Company Partners in a manner that allows an in-depth understanding of business requirements
• Create and provide reports in relation to pricing required for clients and se² management
• Serve as performance return contact for client, internal departments, Fund Mangers and vendors
• Bachelors degree in finance and/or accounting or related area; with minor in information systems and/or experience with SQL and Crystal reporting;
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the utilization of investment related systems;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines;
• Willingness to develop industry related knowledge;
• Good interpersonal, human relations and teamwork skills;
• Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively communicate with all levels of management;
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
• Flexible team player.
se2 offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Visit the career section of our website at www.securitybenefit.com to complete the online application and submit your resume.
Send This Job to a Friend