The Academic Affairs Specialist is responsible for oversight at a single location of a branch Campus operation. This position has a dotted line relationship to the Metro DAA and to University Academic Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides academic support services to students in all aspects of academic support including advisement, appeals, course selection, and registrar services.
- Directs and coordinates the faculty hiring process in concert with metro faculty hiring strategy and processes.
- Oversees local academic quality including monitoring of classroom observations and student feedback.
- Serves as faculty manager for faculty assigned to teach at location. Provides routine feedback, individual performance plans and performance management.
- Supervises academic staff/advisors as location grows. Provides routine feedback, individual performance plans and performance management.
- Designs and supports broader strategies for program growth.
- Ensures training to faculty and local staff.
- Documents and gains authorized approval for exceptions.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PhD (or ABD) from a regionally accredited institution required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a management level academics or related management position.
- PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have good analytical skills with the ability to prepare budgets and reports.
- Excellent organization, communication and team building skills, as well as ability to manage across many departments and locations effectively.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...