The Electrical Engineering Technician/Electrical Engineer will coordinate electrical/electronic requirements for engineering projects assigned by the engineering staff. They also will provide direct support to the Maintenance department to improve the reliability of plant-wide equipment.
- Electrical/Electronic training
- Applicable experience and knowledge in PLC related programming and electrical troubleshooting in industrial environments
- Must show initiative, strong work ethic, and work with minimal supervision
- Four year Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology (EET) degree
- Works with maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, repair, calibration, adjustment, etc. of machinery and equipment. Provides specialized training and formal/informal instruction to Electricians and SRA personnel and ensures training is recorded correctly
- Works closely with engineering and maintenance personnel on program development and implementation of changes and additions to plant machinery and equipment to improve efficiency, product quality, and reliability
- Assists in installations of equipment and machinery to ensure work is performed per procedures, on schedule, and that proper safety regulations are being followed. Verifies proper operation upon completion
- Works with outside contractors, suppliers, and field service personnel on installing, repairing, or commissioning of plant machinery and equipment
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of new installations and/or modifications to existing equipment. Ensures drawings, manuals, and job folders are properly maintained and filed for future use
- Upgrades skill level to ensure proficiency on existing and new equipment through seminars/training classes, technical publications, reviewing other plant facilities, etc.
- Operates specialized testing and diagnostic equipment. Maintains instruction manuals, service records, and documents same
- May on occasion be required to perform duties in related functions and other than those specified in this job description
Cooper Tire & Rubber is a real wheeler dealer. The company is the fourth-largest tire manufacturer in North America (behind the likes...