Assist Patient Services Manager in daily activities and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists in the review, assessment, research and resolution of patient service inquiries directed to the MFA patient services manager.
2. Assists in response to minor questions about MFA services and documents all communications with patients in electronic event database.
3. Assists with efforts to respond to all patient complaints, compliments and inquiries in writing.
4. Assists in drafting and sending letters to patients.
5. Assists in staff recognition efforts by helping to write and deliver letters to staff.
6. Assists in collecting, organizing and filing all patient feedback forms.
7. Politely greets patient visitors and documents all details of their concerns in the absence of the patient services manager.
8. Ensures that all patient communications, research and outcomes are documented in the electronic event database.
9. Assists patient services manager in reviewing and monitoring the timeliness of investigation and the resolution of the patient issues and inquiries;
10. Assists in compiling periodic reports for departments.
11. Represents the Medical Faculty Associates to internal and external customers in a professional, diplomatic and positive manner;
12. Safeguards the confidentiality and privacy of all MFA organizational and patient information obtained and utilized in the operations of the Patient Services Coordinator position, to include but not limited to:
-information related to the legal activities of the MFA;
-information related to risk management and quality improvement initiatives within the MFA;
-information related to MFA Peer Review activities;
-information related to MFA Senior and Department Management initiatives and activities;
-all Individually Identifiable Health Information as defined by HIPAA Privacy regulations
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of training is necessary.
At least three years of responsible business administration experience directly applicable to supervisor’s functional area is necessary and/or experience in customer service field.
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates - 19 months ago