It is the primary responsibility of the Front Desk Clerk to check guests in and out of the hotel, settle the guest’s accounts, and answer basic guest service questions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
Specific Job Functions:
- Welcome guests to the property and provides AAA 4 Diamond service.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel.
- Settle guest’s accounts/bills and collect correct method of payments.
- Answer basic property questions and provide information regarding rooms, restaurants, and entertainment for the guests.
- Answer multi-line phone system for guests and provide assistance when necessary.
- Perform all duties deemed necessary for the success of the department
- Communicate effectively to guests both verbally and in written forms necessary.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Knowledge using keyboards, phones, and basic office equipment including a fax machine, copier, and printer is a must.
- Professional appearance and demeanor a must.
- One to two years front desk experience preferred.
- One to two years customer service experience preferred.
- Lodging Management System (LMS) experience preferred.
- Experience in handling cash, credit cards and travelers checks preferred.