Directs, delegates, performs and evaluates nursing care which is developmental and age specific for the population served in the AirCare Department. As a team, the flight nurses coordinate, supervise, direct and evaluate others providing care in a manner consistent with the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act and in support of the mission of Good Samaritan Hospital. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assisgned.
Professional Development/Accountability: Assumes personal responsibility for professional development, practice, and education. Maintains a professional and safe work environment. Professional development and accountability to include knowledge-based competencies related to:
Abuse and neglect
Standard precautions and infection control
Restraints and seclusion
Nursing Process: Assessment:
Assesses patient and family needs. Incorporates standards of care and nursing diagnosis to include both observation and body system assessment.
Uses the nursing process to provide continuum of care based on observation and documentation.
Collaborates with patient, family, multidisciplinary team, in assessing care needs.
Nursing Process: Planning/Implementation:
Collaborates with patient, family, and multidisciplinary team to plan age specific care across the continuum.
Includes problem solving, planning for care, and education as needed to prevent adverse outcomes.
Nursing Process: Evaluation:
Nursing Process: Problem Solving/Anticipates Needs:
- Evaluates patient/family response to care, education and multidisciplinary interventions.
- Evaluates progress toward defined goals/outcomes, and revises goals/interventions as needed.
Nursing Process: Quality:
- Responds to changes in patient condition utilizing accepted principles of nursing practice.
- Follows up on internal customer concerns according to policy and utilizing best practice.
Nursing Process: Patient/Family Centered Care:
- Provides care and services in a manner that strives for ongoing process improvement.
- Promotes patient and family involvement.
Nursing Process: Healthcare Team Partnerships:
- Care Plan Development
- Patient Satisfaction
- Participates in and supports the cultural needs of the patient and family.
Nursing Process: Mission/Values:
- Works closely and successfully with other disciplines and team members including physicians
- Promotes a healthy working environment
Nursing Process: Stewardship:
- Behaviors and Behavior Contract
- Patient Satisfaction
- Adheres to confidentiality standards consistent with HIPAA
Nursing Process: Other Related Duties:
- Performs value-added activities that contribute to good stewardship of resources including supplies and staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Graduation required from a school of Registered Nursing acknowledged by the State of Nebraska Department of Human Services, Division of Regulation & Licensure.
Three years previous critical or emergency care experience required.
Previous flight experience preferred.
PALS required within one year of hire.
TNCC required within one year of hire.
NRP required within one year of hire.
CFRN, CCRN, and/or CEN preferred.
TNATC (or ATLS audit) required within two years of hire.
Active Nebraska (or multi-state compact) Registered Nurse License.
Individual is responsible to maintain a current nursing license.
CPR certification within 3 months of employment.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
NE-Kearney-Good Samaritan Hospital
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 12 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...