TNT Linux Technician - TNTLinux
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title TNT Linux Technician
Category Information Technology
Location US-TX-San Antonio-CSTL San Antonio, TX 78218, US
Education High School
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
The Rackspace TNT team is looking for Linux System Technicians. You will have the opportunity to grow as a customer support professional and in the technical disciplines of Linux Systems Administration. In this role, you will also learn the Linux Operating System through our eight week TNT training program.
We are seeking humble, ambitious, and team focused administrators who can work in a self-assured professional manner to satisfy the needs of customers rather than follow a scripted path. An independent environment coupled with close team interactions allows creative solutions to problems that are far from conventional. This results in some of the world’s happiest technology customers and an abundant environment for technical growth.
We need dedicated technicians who desire to become accomplished administrators who will help provide our special brand of Fanatical Support®. Racker's, what we fondly call our Rackspace employees, are empowered to independently solve customer issues with creative solutions and professionally maintain communication with customers. Without scripted interaction, Rackers must be quick-witted to aptly interact with customers to solve a wide variety of problems.
- Field customer phone calls while working tickets to solve customer issues
- Work with businesses of diverse size and technical skill
- Collaborate with fellow administratorsWork with a variety of technologies
- Some familiarity with Red Hat and/or LAMP software
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Basic familiarity with the following: hardware, databases, networking, web services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Rockstar Skills (preferred):
- Certificates (e.g. RHCE, RHCSA, Linux+, etc)
- Programming experience (i.e. BASH, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc)
- Hosting Experience
- Baccalaureate degree in Computer Science or related field (i.e. Information Science, Engineering, etc)
- Knowledge of other Linux distributions (i.e. Ubuntu, Suse, Gentoo)
Why Here? Why Now?—About Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace® Hosting(NYSE: RAX) is the open cloud company, delivering open technologies and powering more than 197,000 customers worldwide. Rackspace provides its renowned Fanatical Support® across a broad portfolio of IT products, including Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Hosting and Dedicated Hosting. Rackspace has been recognized by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a Top 100 Performing Technology Company, is featured on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For and is included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Rackspace was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant by Gartner Inc. in the “2011 Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting.” Rackspace is headquartered in San Antonio with offices and data centers around the world.
For the 4,500+ current Rackers, however, we are much more than a hosting company. Rackspace offers a vibrant company culture filled with compelling work, a supportive team environment and a lot of fun. We are as Fanatical® about serving our clients and one another as we are about building the future of technology.
We compete in the same space as Amazon, Microsoft and Google because the work that Rackers do allows us to lead the race for innovation and quality. Rackers’ opinions, ideas and creativity are pushed to the limit because pushing beyond the boundaries of today’s hosting standards is the only way to be number one. The pressure is on—Are you ready?
But, don’t take it from us—Rackspace’s awards and recognitions include:
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2008
- Glassdoor Employee’s Choice – 50 Best Places to Work 2013, 2012, 2010
- Forbes Top 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies 2012, 2011
- Forbes Top 100 Best Small Companies 2010, 2009
- Computer World Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Business Insider 25 Best Tech Companies to Work For 2011
- Bloomberg Business Week Top 100 Performing Technology Company 2010
- InformationWeek Top Technology Innovators Across America 2010
- Info-Tech Champion in Cloud Infrastructure 2010
Learn more at our website.
As employees of Rackspace, we are not simply numbers; we are proud Rackers. With that title comes a responsibility that we all feel. It’s a responsibility to embody and live the values that make our organization unique and extraordinary. It’s also a natural responsibility because the values we embrace were created by us. Learn more about our culture on our talent page which features blogs and general information put together by Rackers across the company.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information in our candidate selection process.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0
Rackspace - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range of Web...