Terremark Worldwide is a leading global provider of IT infrastructure services delivered on the industry's most robust and advanced operations platform. Leveraging purpose-built datacenters in the United States, Europe and Latin America and access to massive and diverse network connectivity from more than 160 global carriers, Terremark delivers government, enterprise and Web 2.0 customers a comprehensive suite of managed solutions including managed hosting, colocation, network and security services.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our team in Dallas, TX.
You will serve as the technical design and architectural expert across Terremark’s IT solutions portfolio. Responsibilities include:
- Focusing on solution development and architectural design for assigned customer base with specific emphasis on Terremark’s global managed cloud, data center, and professional services portfolio
- Working and functional knowledge of desktop and server systems, storage area networks, backup and restore environments, business continuity, and security best practices
- Understanding of cloud computing (public, private and hybrid), managed hosting, data center collocation, mainframe technologies, IT service desk, and various enterprise applications (J2EE, Java, and .Net)
- Achieving mastery (Technical, Product, Competitive, Industry knowledge, Sales Acumen and Presentation Skills) of Terremark’s IT Solutions offerings
- Translating customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Serving as a deal architect for multi-faceted, multi-technology solutions
- Partnering with other Terremark subject matter experts to build the customer solution
- Possessing strong presentation skills, with the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations with customers and tailor content to audience as appropriate
- Authoring and delivering architectural designs, statements of work and technical project plans incorporating service and program management activities
- Understanding of pricing structures and associated elements including Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- As a Subject Matter Expert in a given technology, should be able to address customer opportunities demonstrating domain expertise
- Possessing a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Terremark versus its competitors.
Requirements and Core Competencies
- BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in customer facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting) or 5+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and or application based solutions and services with verifiable instances of architecting at the Bill of Materials (BOM) level one or more of the following:
- Server Infrastructure: HP, Cisco Unified Computing Platforms, Dell, IBM server infrastructure (computing, memory and disk space)
- Storage Area Networking (SAN) infrastructure: NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, Fujitsu, Brocade, etc
- Other Data Center Infrastructure: Cisco Nexxus, Juniper high-end data center LAN switches, Cisco/F5 load balancers, Power and cooling and Security infrastructure
- Data Center software platforms: VMWare (virtualization), Citrix (virtual desktop infrastructure), Microsoft Server, Unix, Linux
- eCommerce platforms: ATG or IBM
- Managed Messaging platforms: Microsoft Exchange, OCS/Lync, IBM Lotus Notes, Domino, Sametime, RIM BES, etc.
- ERP platforms: SAP, J.D. Edwards, etc.
- CRM platforms: PeopleSoft, Salesforce.com, Oracle, etc.
- Database platforms: Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
- Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service models, etc.
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery concepts and replication technologies.
- Strong knowledge of network, communications and mobility protocols
- Working knowledge of switching, routing, server, video, UC&C and mobility equipment
- Current industry certifications are desirable Some examples are: CISSP, ITILv3, Vendors such as Microsoft, EMC, VMware, IBM, NetApp, Cisco etc.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of prior successful customer engagements. Examples of network designs, statements of work and/or technical project plans are required
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present both technical and non-technical information to broad audiences.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment and explain complex system solutions customers.
- Effective written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Prefer experience in technical sales or service to Fortune 1000 companies
- Prefer successful project delivery in a Fortune 1000 company
What's in it for You?
- Be part of a fun and collaborative work environment where individual initiative is rewarded and encouraged.
- Join a leading company who transforms and secures enterprise-class IT on a global scale.
- Offering competitive compensation and benefits for your expertise.
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? If so, we want to hear from you right away! Apply online or give us a call at 512.394.7156.
HigherTech - 17 months ago
- 6 days ago
Axius Technologies Inc
Axius Technologies Inc
- 12 days ago
Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group
- 7 days ago
HigherTech delivers high performing results because of the unique skill sets of our partners and staff. We maintain a high level of...