Job Summary: As part of our Food Service team, this position participates in product management, merchandising and food preparation. Contributes to the company’s success through the achievement of our customer service and operating standards.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains high-quality standards in product management and presentation.
- Executes Food Service Department merchandising and displays.
- Readily participates in product promotions and focuses.
- Adheres to food temperature requirements, including hot and cold holding specifications. Promptly discards any products that do not meet HACCP and Department of Health standards, or appear less than presentable under Metropolitan Market’s quality expectations.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Provides outstanding customer service and readily communicates product information to increase sales and meet revenue goals; uses product information to increase sales and best service customers.
- Assists with quarterly physical inventories and practices inventory control.
- Prevents internal and external loss.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility; meets attendance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Food Service Department management.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum one-year restaurant or deli experience required.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrates an exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Possesses creative merchandising and display skills.
- Possesses comprehensive product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.