Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a per diem Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team of professionals serving at our In-Patient Unit at Sinai Grace Hospital in Detroit. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
1. Receives patient assignments from the Team Director.
2. Assumes responsibility for a patient/family that includes assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care.
3. Initiates communication with attending physicians, other hospice staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
4. Maintains regular communication with the Team Director to review care.
5. Maintains regular communication with the attending physician concerning patient/family care.
6. Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
7. Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
8. Accepts responsibility for coordinating the physical care of the patient by teaching primary caregivers, volunteers, employed caregivers, or by providing direct care as appropriate.
9. Instructs the patient and caregiver:
A. How to administer medication and recognize side effects.
B. How to perform personal care and oral hygiene.
C. How to assist in lifting, moving, ambulation and exercise.
D. How to prepare for the events preceding death.
10. Informs the Team Director of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
11. Attends the Hospice Team Meetings and other patient conferences as deemed necessary by the Team Director.
12. Provides appropriate support at time of death.
13. Shares in providing 24-hour seven-day-a-week coverage to patients and families.
14. Assists in making home health aide assignments, prepares written instructions for the aide and supervises the aide in the home.
15. Participates in hospice orientation and ongoing education programs.
16. Demonstrates familiarity with policies of the agency and state(s) and federal regulations pertaining to nursing services.
17. Participates on committees and special projects and other related duties as assigned.
1. Registered nurse currently licensed in the state(s).
2. Current CPR certification
3. Previous experience in hospice, home health, geriatrics or general medical surgical nursing. Previous hospital medical surgical experience preferred.
4. Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
5. Willingness to serve on-call.
6. Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care....