Apple Online Store is looking for a motivated Senior UI / Front End Engineering Manager to join us and make a difference! As the leader for the UI Engineering team, you will be responsible for all the front end development for the Apple Online Store web site. We are a fun and innovative team looking for an engineering manager not afraid of challenge and who thrives in a fast paced environment.
Key job responsibilities:
Skills and requirements:
- Work as the UI engineering manager with cross functional teams, representing the UI engineering team, understanding and refining user interface requirements.
- Provide leadership for the team with a focus in employee development.
- Define and lead the strategic technical roadmap for the team.
- Build strong partnership with UI design teams and business groups.
- Evangelize latest web technologies across the organization. Lead efforts to integrate them with Apple Online Store to enhance the usability and efficiency of the site.
- 5+ years of web engineering management experience. 7+ years of front-end and user interface coding experience.
- Well-versed in visual and interactive design discipline. Meticulous attention to technical and visual details.
- Hands-on technical leader comfortable with complex systems.
- Effective hiring practices to bring top-notch talent to the team.
- Track record of successfully evangelizing technology across a large organization.
- Comfortable managing a multitude of projects in multiple releases.
- Ability to actively collaborate with business and design teams to communicate technology decisions.
- Proven success in managing both local and remote engineering teams.
- Plan projects by providing initial and detailed estimates, managing resources, communication to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support needs for the business.
- Drive innovation throughout the Apple Online Store engineering teams.
- Strong understanding of performance, web analytics, accessibility and SEO techniques.
- Familiarity with server side technologies and back-end frameworks.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, communication skills and time management abilities.
- Passion for creating a great user experience and interaction.
Apple - 18 months ago
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...