Position Summary :
Under the direction of the head athletic trainer, the assistant athletic trainer assists with the prevention, care, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses; serves as an athletic trainer for NCAA Division II Intercollegiate Athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates medical coverage for home events
• Maintenance of medical records, medical referrals, and communication with coaches and physicians
• Responsible for the day to day operation and coordination of the athletic training program in the event the head athletic trainer is unavailable
• May teach 1-3 courses in Health and Physical Education
• Perform other duties as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree required with a Master's degree preferred and National Athletic Trainer Association Board of Certification as a certified athletic trainer are required.
• Must have a New Mexico Athletic Trainer License or be eligible to obtain license in a reasonable period of time.
• Intercollegiate athletic training experience and athletic teaching experience is preferred.
• Must be of good moral character with conduct consistent with the university and state code of conduct.
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
•Work is performed during normal business hours but will include evening and weekend hours and requires frequent travel with collegiate teams
• Work is performed both inside a non-smoking facility and outdoors; involves extremes of cold and hot plus temperature changes, wet and humid conditions
• May include exposure to blood-borne pathogens
• Work is medium in nature that at times requires exerting up to 50pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Application Review Date: April 5, 2013
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications may be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at the above address.
Eastern New Mexico University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard