ABOUT STONEBRIDGE BANK:|
Stonebridge Bank is a fast growing community bank that is located in downtown Minneapolis, near the Guthrie Theater. We offer a warm and inviting work environment in a renovated old building. To learn more about us, visit www.stonebridgebank.biz .
TITLE : Credit Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY : Stonebridge Bank is looking for an experienced Credit Analyst.
The Credit Analyst will assist the Chief Credit Officer in the management of the overall risk of bank’s loan portfolio. Responsible for analyzing, structuring, and preparing credit presentations for new and existing clients for all types of credit facilities. In addition, the Credit Analyst will assist in the monitoring past due and watch list credits, prepare monthly reports, perform ongoing portfolio analysis, and participate in direct communication with Borrowers.
Stonebridge Bank offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package and opportunity for advancement.
Design appropriate covenants based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan, and the credit risk to the Bank. Covenants should comply with loan policy or have an appropriate mitigant
Identify risk issues and takes pro-active steps to address/recommend risk ratings.
Work closely with the Banker, Borrower and Chief Credit Officer to manage problem loans. Formulate plans for improving the credit or determine an exit strategy.
Assist Chief Credit Officer in preparation of monthly reports for Board of Directors related to credit
Demonstrate a through understanding of Bank Loan Policy and Procedures for all types of loan requests and demonstrate the skills and knowledge to underwrite any type of loan request.
Participate in direct communication with Borrowers to discuss financial trends and credit related issues.
Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Prepare loan presentations providing analysis for credit decisions.
- Ensure satisfactory turnaround of loan requests to meet the needs of the Bankers and Borrowers and support the Bank’s overall strategic and profitability goals.
- Provide statement analysis to examine liquidity, leverage, and cash flow in the past, present, and future and use ratios, trends and industry analysis as tools for arriving at conclusions.
- Provide questions to the Banker that need to be addressed with the Borrower or Prospect to clarify changes in financial trends, management, the overall company or its operations.
- Identify all financial covenant violations, policy exceptions, negative or positive trends that could affect debt repayment, or the continued operation of the business.
- Design appropriate covenants based on the type of loan, the amount of the loan, and the credit risk to the Bank. Covenants should comply with loan policy or have an appropriate mitigate.
- Monitor past dues – recommend plans for collection; meet with customers to discuss repayment plan (where appropriate).
- Review real estate appraisals prepared by independent third party appraisers, which may or may not be on the Bank’s approved list. If not on the approved list, then provide reason for exception or mitigant.
- Monitor problem loan reports
Credit Policy and Underwriting Guidelines:
- Underwrite all types of loan requests including Home Equity Line of Credit, Working Capital Line of Credit (primarily accounts receivable), and Business Term Loans for equipment or real estate purchases.
- Work closely with the Chief Credit Officer to develop, maintain, communicate and enforce risk policies and processes.
- Identify any non-compliance issues that could affect the risk or collectability of the outstanding loan or line balances.
- Makes joint calls with the Bankers to the Borrower’s place of business to observe the company’s operations and actively participates in discussions with the company’s management. Obtains a through understanding of the business, financial trends, and issues that may impact the ongoing business operations (as needed)
- Ongoing customer interaction (as needed)
- Annual industry studies
- Assist Chief Credit Officer in the preparation of monthly board reports (as needed).
- Ongoing portfolio analysis
- Monitor stock values held as collateral
- Past due loan reporting & tracking
- Future maturities reporting
- Upcoming Line review report tracking
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration preferred
Minimum 3 years experience in credit analysis and/or commercial underwriting.
Excellent presentation skills (oral and written) in addition to strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel.
Experience with financial statement spreading software.
Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
Thorough understanding of the legal principles underlying the Bank’s loan and security documents.
Computers, copier, facsimile machines, postage meter, telephone, and various computer printers.
Monster - 11 months ago