There are no relocation expenses offered with this position.
Individuals who enjoy award winning golf courses. |
Scope of this Position
- Serves as a front line supervisory member of a team responsible for performing maintenance activities for the golf course. Primary area of emphasis surrounds maintenance and operation of irrigation systems and the application of fertilizers and chemicals at the resort.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Give clear and concise directions to various locations in the resort
- Answer guest questions using excellent customer service skills
- Must be well groomed, with nametag on at all times while working on the property.
- Must be well-mannered, display a helpful attitude at all times, greet guests when encountered, show appreciation to the guest for being at the resort, show willingness to help guests and employees at all times.
- Ensures high quality maintenance of resort is accomplished in an efficient and effective manner.
- Participates in the development processes of long and short-term goals, employee development, budget, purchasing, and training.
- May also be assigned to park grounds, roadsides, landscaping, facilities, and equipment.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs golf course irrigation system, including valve-in-head sprinklers, valves, quick couplers, valves, radio control system, and field controllers. Performs routine operational checks on irrigation system. Makes repairs in a professional manner.
- Programs irrigation system for operations. Uses radio control system.
- Maintains irrigation repair logs. Prepares and places parts orders.
- Installs, cleans, and repairs drainage.
- Hand waters greens, tees, and fairways.
- Applies chemicals and fertilizers to resort properties in correct manner. Responsible for training of other team members assigned to similar tasks. Waters in chemicals or fertilizers after application.
- Calibrates application equipment. Uses hand spreaders, push spreaders, hand sprayer, riding sprayer.
- Maintains application, weather, equipment calibrations, and product inventory logs.
- Leads other team members to achieve high quality results in an efficient manner. Performs checks on work quantity and quality of maintenance crews. Ensures daily workload is completed correctly.
- Uses walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and on-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping. Cleans and maintains equipment that is used. Treats all equipment with care and respect. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Sets cups and moves tee markers.
- Performs light custodial operations on gold course grounds and buildings, i.e. cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Uses mops and brooms.
- Reports problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Takes appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
- Paints and maintains buildings. Performs light carpentry work as needed
- Participates in snow removal processes. May require evening and nighttime work in poor weather conditions.
- Plants flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepares beds for planning of materials. Pulls weeds. Uses hose to water plantings.
- Provide assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by immediate superior.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Two years of experience in golf course or grounds maintenance and/or landscaping is required.
- AAS degree in Horticulture, Turfgrass Management, or related field is required. Experience may be substituted. Consideration given for currently pursuing this goal.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Experienced with Rainbird NIMBUS II irrigation systems is helpful. Knowledge of basic electrical and hydraulic operations or irrigation.
- West Virginia Certified Commercial Applicator for turf and ornamentals (Category 4), or ability to acquire within 6 months.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral forms.
- Must be service oriented.
- Ability to interact well with others in a professional manner.
- Ability to work outside for several hours.
- Knowledge of game of golf is helpful
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment and hand tools in a safe manner
- Ability to adjust and learn new equipment and procedures.
- Must live in the local area or within commuting distance.
Compensation is based upon experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company matched 401-k
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
- No relocation benefits are offered with this position.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard