Job ID: 20132108-7729
Scottrade, Inc. has a Investment Consultant Trainee position available in Clayton, MO. The main purpose of this position is to work towards a promotion to Investment Consultant. The Trainee operates as a team member to support clients and consultants. All duties and responsibilities are performed while providing excellent customer service to prospects and customers on the phone and in person. The goal is to satisfy client needs, promote our value proposition and to ensure a memorable and satisfactory experience with Scottrade, Inc.
* Learn registered representative functions and responsibilities which include margin, options, account types, trading rules and terminology
* Greet clients and answer phones
* Navigate through internal systems proficiently to obtain client information
* Provide stock quotes to clients
* Verify client instructions have been completed
* Process mail and distribute paperwork effectively
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Previous experience in the brokerage industry helpful.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Excellent computer skills including a proficient understanding of the Internet.
* Excellent research/problem solving skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Must obtain Series 7 License within 90 days of hire and Series 63 License in the consecutive following 30 days.
* 1-2 years customer service experience required.
* 1-2 years general office experience preferred.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location MO - Clayton
Scottrade - 6 months ago