PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure the best interests of Retirement Plan Services’ clients in accordance with plan documents and legal requirements, the Sr. Compliance Analyst performs legally-required nondiscrimination testing, and drafts required regulatory notices. The Sr. Analyst also consults with internal and external clients on how best to attain plan objectives while maintaining the plans’ qualified status, and helps clients resolve ERISA compliance issues regarding their plans. In order to provide the highest level of service, the Sr. Compliance Analyst must stay current with appropriate legislation and industry trends.
- Performs nondiscrimination testing by understanding the plan(s), knowing current laws, importing plan information into the compliance testing system, and analyzing the results. When there is inaccurate data, incumbent contacts appropriate person to reconcile and then sends the final output to the client. May discuss legal implications of test results as well as possible remedies for a failed test with client contacts and internal parties in order to influence the optimal solution.
- Directs implementation of new testing procedures, ensures adherence to testing procedures and controls, and makes recommendations to improve existing procedures and to reduce risk. Consistently documents all procedures and processes. Trains and mentors compliance analysts.
- Researches and resolves complex testing issues pertaining to assigned and unassigned plans, arising from both client questions and from internal activities, using available electronic and hardcopy resources. Communicates findings to client, internal parties, and possibly client’s attorneys and discusses implications and reviews alternative courses of action that client may take. May be required to prepare for and participate in client related meetings, both internal and external.
- Evaluates plan documents and design for purposes of determining and drafting the necessary regulatory notices. Ensuring the notices are delivered in appropriate time.
- Stays abreast of and understands new and proposed legislation and guides the Coordinator Team in determining the impacts to our clients’ plans and internal testing procedures.
OneWire Inc. - 12 months ago
T. Rowe Price Group administers an eponymous family of about 100 mutual funds in a variety of investment styles. Traditionally oriented...