This position works in a large profitable manufacturing company, providing weeknight nursing services including worker injury and illness care, medicines, injections, wellness activities, records maintenance and other administrative duties. A successful applicant will have good English reading and writing skills and be bilingual in Spanish or Albanian or Serbian, etc. Prior occupational health experience preferred. Excellent benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Other specific duties include: Pre-Employment Screening , investigate and support worker injury claims, coordinate the on-site random testing program, manage the AED program, manage the seasonal flu shot program, manage the industrial hearing test program, plan/coordinate site blood donations, manage and control medical equipment/supply accountability and maintenance, class instruction in Safety/Health, CPR/AED instructor, infection control, teach smoking cessation, ergonomic evaluations, and other duties as needed.
1) Observation and assessment of both the worker and the work environment.
2) Interpretation and evaluation of the worker's medical and occupational history, subjective complaints, and physical examination, along with any laboratory values or other diagnostic screening tests, industrial hygiene and personal exposure.
3) Interpretation of medical diagnosis to workers and employer eligible parties.
4) Appraisal of the work environment for potential exposures.
5) treatment of occupational and non-occupational illness and injury.
6) Documentation of the injury or illness.
7) Administer and maintain the employee attendance tracking program.
8) Other duties as assigned.
1) Paramedic/LPN/RN or greater license by the State of residence.
2) 2 or more years of experience in a Paramedic/Nursing/Medical profession (Occupational experience preferred).
3) Exceptional ability to read and write in the English language.
4) Associates degree for paramedic, nursing or occupational health (Bachelor's preferred)
5) Bilingual in Spanish, Albanian, Serbian or other preferred.
6) Good judgement and reasoning skills.
7) Ability to handle stressful situations.
8) Ability to analyze and take notes.