This MBA Intern position will sample key experiences and help solve some of the challenges and opportunities in SAP Marketing over a 12-week period, and gain exposure to both our regional and global teams. There will be a modest amount of hand-holding, the intern should be able to take initial direction, come up with a plan, and come back for regular checkpoints and periodic hands-on working sessions. These tasks can include:
Related internship, coursework, and/or professional experience.
- Learn and take on existing Services Operational and Demand Management Reporting, provide both run-rate reporting for global services and regional views, and make incremental enhancements for new reporting working with both global team and regions. Work on increased automation, as well as definition of incremental enhancements.
- Provide regional support of marketing projects with three incremental efforts in three separate regions, providing additional support to regional marketing and tied back to global priorities; work with a regional buddy to define project, build project plan, and jointly bring project to fruition
- Work with marketing intelligence vendors, including ITSMA and Sirius Decisions, to provide capability to make regions, global team and extended team members better aware of services markets, competitors and key market opportunities, tied to enhanced marketing transformation and helping skill and knowledge gaps
- Develop a services new marketing business planning template, based upon both global and regional input, experience from 2013 planning etc. to support 2014 planning upon commencement of planning in Q3/Q4 2013
- Present with SAP Manager the results of the Internship to Duke Fuqua/MBA classmates in the fall of 2013, participate in several webcasts on their marketing experience at SAP etc. Leverage their experience to further sell the value of the SAP/Duke partnership and engage and recruit top talent.
Skills / Competencies
- Good communications skills including presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work independently with a modest level of direction
- Willingness and interest to work cross-functionally
- Proficiency in at least one foreign language, including German, Spanish/Portuguese, Asian dialects, etc. relevant to required regional work
- Knowledge of marketing fundamental, social media, Microsoft Office applications, basics of CRM, and principles of B2B and high-tech marketing
- Ability to define and generate project plan and manage and measure execution against it
- BA in business management, marketing, social sciences including economics; or, BS in computer science with exposure to business fundamentals, finance and accounting and marketing etc.
- Completion by June 2013 of first year MBA program at the Duke University/Fuqua School of Business
- Recognition as being a leader in their given area of study and focus by faculty recommendations
SAP - 19 months ago
SAP AG together with its subsidiaries (SAP) is engaged in developing and licensing business software solutions. SAP also sells support,...