The primary purpose of this position is to learn all aspects of operating a retail store. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Experience / Requirements:
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Attend all Management Development Program (MDP) training classes.
2. Learn about all of the possible situations that can occur in a retail store to prepare for the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager position.
3. Assist the Store Manager with the operation of the retail store and complete his/her duties in his/her absence.
4. Enforce all policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided and to maximize the P&L performance of the store.
5. Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office.
6. Ensure the store opens and closes at the appropriate time.
7. Ensure the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and bank deposits.
8. Interact with vendors to order ad, seasonal, and basic merchandise and ice cream (where applicable) for the store.
9. Ensure all merchandise is set up according to plan-o-grams received from the corporate office.
10. Execute weekly sales ads and price changes.
11. Process recalled, damaged, outdated, and transferred merchandise.
12. Receive merchandise deliveries from vendors and Rite Aid distribution centers.
13. Verify vendor invoice information is accurate and enter it into the accounts payable system.
14. Prepare the retail store for physical inventory by ensuring merchandise on the sales floor and in the stock room is in order and easy to access.
15. Analyze operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
16. Utilize Staffworks® software to complete the associate work schedule.
17. Remain knowledgeable of the One-Hour Photo department and film processing, if applicable.
18. Assist the Pharmacy department when there is a high volume of customers.
19. Request store maintenance when required.
20. Assist with the general maintenance of the store, both inside and outside.
21. Enforce all fire and safety rules and regulations set by the company and governmental agencies.
22. Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR (Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully) behaviors.
This position directly supervises store associates and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring,
training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...