RMS is building a Cloud Platform from SCRATCH using the most exciting cloud technologies based on virtualization, scale out architecture, open stack frameworks, elastic databases and high performance grid computing (Vertica and Hadoop). We are proud of our energetic and positive culture that is a balance between technology and academia.
At RMS, we have big ideas around big data. We seek candidates that rise to challenges with the curiosity and mental dexterity to analyze and solve complex problems. We look for professionals who will bring a fresh perspective and a desire to make a huge impact.
The RMS Next Generation products are built for speed, thus, a proven background of designing, managing and supporting highly compute, memory, storage and network intensive Linux computing environments will be needed as we look to define and migrate to a cloud offering.
This is a bleeding- edge system and cloud administration role and you will play a key role in navigating us towards cloud architecture for the next generation of RMS solutions.
The ideal candidate is a Senior Linux System Administrator with experience working in various virtualization technologies (XEN, VMware, and RHEV), has a broad understanding of the virtual to cloud eco-system, and is able to develop and troubleshoot Linux-based solutions.
To be successful you will need a strong technical background in Linux and scripting; be a creative problem solver; be motivated to advance; work well in a team-oriented environment; be able to drive results and set priorities independently.
- Perform complex troubleshooting of multiple applications running in a Linux OS
- Partner with internal organizations to define, design, and implement highly compute intensive Linux-based workloads
- Automate (through scripting) the orchestration of complex workloads across multiple hardware platforms
- Support the Linux portion of the internal RMS Cloud
- Provide instruction and guidance on Linux best practices to other members of the team
- Review current infrastructure and execute initiatives to reduce failures and improve overall performance
- Perform monitoring and routine maintenance of overall environment
- Perform off-hour change controls
- Update process documentation and team websites
- BA/BS degree required. Master's is a plus.
- Red Hat Certification (RHCE) is a plus.
- Senior System Administrator experience with Red Hat (or other Linux OS) required.
- Minimum of 5 + years experience of designing, integrating and maintaining high-performance production Linux-based IT systems, including systems, storage and networks.
- Experience in tuning IO performance of an application on a Linux platform required.
- Must possess experience configuring and maintaining secure, large-scale, complex, distributed applications/platforms as well as developing/implementing centralized management tools (Perl, Ruby, Python).
- Solid understanding of SAN, Fiber Channel, Infiniband, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, FCoE protocols is required.
- Good understanding of different Linux file systems and trade off in selecting a file system, especially ext2, ext3, ext4
- Experience with Windows operating systems is required.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, LDAP, SMTP, Linux Account Management required.
Risk Management Solutions (RMS) is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. The models and consulting services of RMS are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils such as - earthquake, flood, hurricane, windstorm, wild fire, disease pandemic. RMS continues to grow and diversify in order to service and meet the requirement of its clients through research and technology innovation and superior client service. The company's strength lies in its ability to use and develop the skills of its people across a wide remit of business activities.
- Vertica Database experience is highly desired
- Mongo DB, and/or Hadoop experience is a plus.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit www.rms.com/careers.
Risk Management Solutions - 22 months ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...