Interest Sub Category:
Training & Development
Job Title :
SUAS Trainer III (Puma & Raven)
Type of Position:
URS Corporation (www.urs.com) intends to be the contractor of choice to provide superior training support for the U.S. Army client at Fort Campbell, Kentucky and various other locations.
Education & Experience Required:
High School Diploma, two years of college or trade school, (Bachelor’s degree preferred) and a minimum of one (1) year of military experience as an operator or instructor (instructor preferred) for the RQ-11B Raven and/or RQ-20A Puma (experience on both systems is preferred), and ten (10) years of related experience (military operations, training or UAS maintenance or military leadership experience). Preferred RQ-11B Raven experience is with DDL and RQ-20A Puma experience is with AECV/DDL.
Ten or more years as a qualified instructor with experience performing classroom training and hands-on flight training in the military. Previous experience employing a DoD SUAS while on a deployment. Experience developing training courseware. Experience with OSRVT instruction or training and/or ROVER systems. Currently (or capable of becoming) medically cleared for worldwide deployment meeting CENTCOM requirements. Current passport. FAA Ground School complete with certificates.
Required Certifications: This position must have credentials certifying all qualifications. Provide resume along with the following copies of individual Government Flight Representative (GFR) certifications that substantiate instructor/operator training qualifications for Department of Defense (DoD) Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (SUAS):
• DD Form 1821 (one for RQ-11B Raven and one for RQ-20A Puma, IAW Attachment 4, AR 95-20)
• DD Form 2627 (one for RQ-11B Raven and RQ-20A Puma, IAW Attachment 3, AR 95-20)
• Current FAA Class II Flight/Medical certification or ability to rapidly acquire certification.
A current and valid passport is required. Travel is required for this position.
Position requires ability to obtain a government security clearance. Current clearance is desired.
URS is seeking a Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS) Trainer III to provide training support services the U.S. Army and agencies as directed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. This position is contingent and awaiting the contract to be awarded in June 2013. Candidate interviews and the selection process will begin in February 2013.
Leads training teams for CONUS and OCONUS SUAS training events. Monitors, evaluates, and mentors subordinate training personnel to ensure that they are providing training in accordance with SUAS Maintenance and Operator programs of instruction to SUAS students of varying levels of knowledge/capability. Assesses instructional effectiveness and student progression and proficiency provides reports and reviews reports for accuracy and quality assurance. Plans training events and ensures equipment, training facilities and resources, systems and course materials are available and ready for training. Assesses POIs, identifies potential improvements, and submits to appropriate customer personnel for review. Develops POI improvements and submits to appropriate customer personnel for review. Oversees the operator/maintainer instructor currency/proficiency program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages two and up to four 3 – 6 man trainer, maintenance, and logistics teams
• Manages DoD SUAS Maintenance and Operator POI training.
• Supervises and monitors student progress, proficiency, attendance and other statistics and prepares reports as directed. Assesses, tracks, and prepares reports on POI and Instructor effectiveness as required. Develops POI improvements for customer review; affects the POI changes once approved.
• Achieves qualifications and maintains currency/proficiency as SUAS instructors in accordance with GFR and Army Regulations.
• Oversees the coordination, scheduling, ordering, shipping, receiving and ensures complete availability of all training resources for each training event. Resources include facilities (classrooms, maintenance areas, storage, etc), training areas (including airspace), the required SUAS system with all components, and all required instructional material and resources.
• Supervises Contractor Logistical Support (CLS) - unit level maintenance on Raven and Puma SUAS in accordance with the appropriate system technical manual. Conducts daily pre- and post-flight maintenance and performs necessary repairs to ensure systems are operational for the next training event. Conducts post-session inventories to ensure complete accounting of all assets.
• Ensures accountability of assigned Raven and Puma systems; ensures all systems are maintained in a mission ready status; supervises and manages the proper use of field repair kits. Ensures components/systems are shipped to the appropriate Forward Repair Activity (FRA) or warehouse for repair/replacement when determined to be inoperable or non-repairable at the unit level. Supervises the employment of the SUAS Product Office Catalog Ordering Logistics Tracking System (COLTS) software for all maintenance and logistics support functions.
• Plans and coordinates transportation and travel to support training events.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).
URS Corporation - 16 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...