Eaton's North American Financial Services Center has as management role in the Supplier Process Accounts Payable team in a shared services environment that processes $6 Billion in invoices annually. Responsible for managing the payment process (Mailroom, Invoice Processing, bank/wire payments & Internal control) for US, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic. Manages relationship with Pune Shared Service Center employees. Adheres to all Eaton MOP requirements. Key role in production support related to the Supplier Process, with a focus on payment controls and the managing of key metrics.
- Manages global supplier payments for $6B of spend for locations serviced by the NAFSC to facilitate on time payments to suppliers. Develops best practice processes for managing global payments to enable strictest internal controls within payment process.
- Responsible for both on-site and off-shore Invoice Processing groups (Mailroom, Data Entry and Hold Resolution).
- Designs and implements a structure in Accounts Payable that supports legal entity requirements. Recommends/develops solutions to complex Intercompany issues to facilitate compliance with Eaton Intercompany Policy O-2. Assesses the impact of key issues and coordinates cross functional resources to resolve critical problems.
- Partners with IT teams to ensure payment processes and tools function adequately on a daily basis, and coordinates enhancements as needed.
- Analyzes trends in critical metrics and provide analysis to Senior Vice President and Controller as well as other Senior Management within Eaton to enable action on these key metrics. Manages and develops the Supplier Process Scorecard on a monthly basis and manages numerous key performance metrics to improve the overall Supplier Process function. Examines monthly expenses, for the accounts payable group, to facilitate the forecasting of future periods accordingly. Supports Supplier Process Director in preparing profit plan data and billing process for Accounts Payable budget of $8M annually.
- Manages the successful completion of multiple projects at one time. Consults on numerous cross functional complex projects, as a process knowledge expert. Provides recommendations for design and implementation of improvements. Recommends, to the Supplier Process Director, areas of opportunity that fit with the overall Supplier Process including expanding our services. Manages relationship with third party vendors, including annual contract renewals.
- Coordinates internal and external audits to prevent audit exposure. Implements internal process controls, related to global payments, to ensure the highest level of security and accuracy of $6B of global payments.
- Manages relationships with third party vendors, including annual contract renewals.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other relevant accounting/auditing requirements
- Knowledge of SOX 404 and 302 internal controls
- Work history of progressively more responsible management experience
- Knowledge of financial accounting systems
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at one time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote ideas and work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills. Must be able to analyze data, identify problem areas, make improvement recommendations, and implement approved recommendations.
- Experience managing large teams
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle structure
- MBA and/or CPA
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...