We currently have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Field Engineer with BIM expertise for our Alaska Operations office. The position is located in Juneau, Alaska.
The primary responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is required. The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, with project personnel, suppliers, subcontractors, and owners is also required. Knowledge of how a building is constructed and the various building components that are part of each stage is required. Candidates must understand how to read schedules and understand the scope of work.
- Build virtual models from plans, specifications and elevations
- Produce 3D/4D schedules
- Produce lift drawings from original drawings
- Identify potential clash detection and communicate to project team
- Produce and maintain 3D models
- Change drawings and clean-up by removing unwanted information and adding information
- Produce elevations, life drawings and site lay-out schedule
- RFI processing
- Process submittals and scheduling, administration, change order pricing, and related support functions
- Translate 2D drawings and specifications into a complete 3D/4D Building Information Model (BIM)
Candidates with 3-5 years of experience, formal safety training, and/or OSHA 30 are encouraged to apply. Highly desirable candidates will have at least three years of Drafting and 3D Modeling experience, which could include AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop, Revit, Archicad/Constructor, or 3D Studio.
Additional preferred qualities and skills include superior organizational ability, and effective people skills; as well as proficiency with the MS Office, specifically Excel.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
We offer exceptional benefits including health and dental, 401(k) and section 125 plans, long term disability insurance, life insurance, bonus compensation, equity participation, 3 weeks of vacation and much more! The PCL family of companies carries out its construction operations through a number of independent operating companies which operate in different construction markets or geographic areas across North America. Each company and location independently recruits the people it needs. EEO/M/F/D/V.
PCL Constructors Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job
PCL Construction Enterprises is the contractor to contact for commercial and civil construction concerns. The company is the parent of...