To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Teaches assigned courses in Respiratory Care as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved
course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
2) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
3) Assists in the maintenance of course descriptions, course
outlines, and syllabi. Develops and updates course descriptions etc., routinely based on industry changes or trends, advisory committee suggestions, and assessment results.
4) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure
student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
5) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and college and departmental policies and procedures.
6) Aids the college with goals of student success and retention. Assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and responds by utilizing appropriate resources.
7) May advise potential or current students within the discipline.
8) Maintains posted departmental hours in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, and departmental and college policies and procedures.
9) Ensures classroom lectures contain essential curricular
components; have appropriate content and pedagogy; and
reflect current trends.
10) Maintains a personal portfolio for tenure and promotion
review and other career-related needs.
11) Employs student, administrative and self-appraisals to
establish goals and objectives for professional development, and participates in professional development activities.
12) Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general
operations of the department, the division, and the college.
13) Attends faculty meetings as called by the President, Senior Vice President, Dean or Department Chairperson; and
participates, as appropriate, on departmental, divisional and
14) Participates, as appropriate, in additional duties and
responsibilities based upon the expertise of the Instructor and the needs of the department, division, or college.
15) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required meeting workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum qualifications for Clinical Coordinator position are:
1) Minimum of 4 years experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (with at least 2 years recent experience in clinical respiratory care),
2) Minimum of 2 years experience teaching in an accredited respiratory care program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor,
3) A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required, a master's degree is preferred
4) Must be Registered Respiratory Therapist, licensed in the state of Ohio
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Demonstrate a commitment to improving student learning
through innovative strategies that aid student success and
retention and reflect industry trends.
Knowledge of: On-line instruction techniques and methods,
Microsoft Office, and course management systems
Adapt to multi-campus organizational work environments, as
well as changes in the discipline.
Master's Degree Preferred
Registered Respiratory Therapist, licensed in the state of Ohio
Columbus State Community College - 22 months ago