Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Location: Fort Collins, CO, US
Job ID: 826707-103962
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business
The Interactive Entertainment Business - Hardware Division develops ground-breaking hardware that entertains customers and unleashes innovation. This is the team that has delivered Xbox 360 and Kinect.
Come join the dynamic Microsoft team in Fort Collins, Colorado. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter who will thrive in our highly technical environment and design life changing products.
As a member of the Microsoft’s exciting IEB engineering team, you will be responsible for aspects of product-level hardware engineering.
The successful candidate should have strong EE fundamentals and the ability to demonstrate solid critical thinking skills and scientific approaches to solving problems.
You will design, test, characterize, and troubleshoot camera system hardware with an eye toward image quality, low power consumption, high performance and stability, and a quick time to market.
- BS in Electrical Engineering , Physics, or Optical Engineering with a specialty in image sensors. MS preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in one of the following: image sensor qualification, image sensor design or designing camera subsystems where intimate knowledge of image sensors is required.
- Familiar with industrial standard sensor characterization procedures. Ability to perform typical imaging sensor Dynamic range, SNR curve, sensitive curve, quantum efficiency curve measurement.
- Ability to perform Imaging sensor noise characterization, including FPN, pixel noise, shot noise, white spot defects and temporal noise, etc.
- Proficiency with typical laboratory equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, monochromator, optical bench setup for sensor and camera evaluation, etc.).
- Some optics knowledge.
- Familiarity with image sensor and optics analysis tools such as Imatest and DXO.
- Programming skills in C/C++, Matlab is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including communicating optical and sensor concepts to those less familiar with the technology.
- Demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with camera image processing pipelines
Microsoft - 9 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...