UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required
Essential Job Functions
- Candidate must be able to provide 24/7 call-in support (rotational basis) and be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Experienced in UNIX OS Servers installation and upgrades.
- Experience with Solaris 10, Red Hat Linux, VMware, and Sun Virtualization is preferred
- Knowledge of Cloudcover, Jumpgate, Baybridge, and Mailorder is preferred
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Oversees the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
- Four or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
Zot Inc. - 17 months ago