Premium Audit Specialist
Please attach your resume and cover letter, which should include your salary expectations,
to the email that you will receive when you click the "Apply Now" button below.
Department: Premium Audit
Location: Omaha, NE
The Premium Audit Specialist conducts internal insurance policy audits via phone with FirstComp’s policyholders across the country. Premium Audit Specialists conduct insurance policy audits via phone with FirstComp’s policyholders across the country. Premium Audit Specialists conduct telephone interviews to review business’ insurance claims, class codes, payroll, and legal entity structuring. Following the telephone interview, the Auditors create a standardized audit report. The volume of audits conducted each day will vary, depending on the complexity of the audits.
This is an entry-level role for college graduates, and training will be provided on the job. There are many opportunities for career growth as you gain experience and incorporate more complex audits into your workflow.
Specific duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Review supplied documentation from insured’s and determine the appropriate level of additional information needed based on policy history and specifics
- Determine the appropriate level of investigation necessary on an account-by-account basis
- Investigate and analyze insured payrolls and operations through questioning and review to validate risk and exposures
- Process audits accurately and timely via phone interviews with insured (customized based on existing and needed information)
- Identify the proper investigative actions to follow and alert the appropriate departments (Underwriting, Claims, and SIU) when irregularities exist
- Prepare audit reports that meet Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (WCIRB) and/or National Council on Compensations Insurance (NCCI) test audit requirements
- B.S or B.A. degree strongly preferred
- 1 to 2 years of business or account experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Markel Corporation - 17 months ago
Have you ever thought about who insures the manicurist or an antique motorcycle? Specialty insurer Markel Corporation takes on the risks...