Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) is one of the leading architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban-planning firms in the world, with a 75-year reputation for design excellence and a portfolio that includes some of the most important architectural accomplishments of the 20th and 21st centuries. Since its inception, SOM has been a leader in the research and development of specialized technologies, new processes and innovative ideas, many of which have had a palpable and lasting impact on the design profession and the physical environment. The firm’s longstanding leadership in design and building technology has been honored with more than 1,500 awards for quality, innovation, and management. The American Institute of Architects has recognized SOM twice with its highest honor, the Architecture Firm Award—in 1962 and again in 1996. The firm maintains offices in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Mumbai, and Abu Dhabi.
The Los Angeles office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP is looking for exceptionally talented designers with strong conceptual skills, capable of fulfilling lead design roles on projects.
• Plans, schedules, organize, and execute distinct portions of larger projects; or entire portion of smaller projects, with periodic interaction with Associate/s or Associate Partner/s.
• Responsible for various portions of project design including conceptual, schematic, and design phases.
• Responsible for coordination design team including A, B, C, and D level staff members.
• Organizes own work efforts.
• Coordinates work of consultants with architectural documents.
• Assists in supervising project document control tasks and maintains quality control of such tasks.
• Checks and coordinates details and dimensions.
• Performs material research in preparation of project specifications.
• Coordinates with other Senior Architectural Professionals on project to assure continuity and consistency of documentation.
• Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program;
• Minimum of 7 years experience in design development, architectural design, documentation, and detailing; Large-scale, commercial project experience is required.
• General knowledge of programming and functional adjacencies;
• General knowledge of architectural practice including site-planning, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical engineering, and construction;
• Practical knowledge of building codes;
• General knowledge of local office standards, policies, and procedures;
• Extensive knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies;
• Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD, 3-D modeling, rendering, word processing, and spreadsheets;
• Demonstrated general knowledge of local office standards, policies and procedures;
• Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD.
• The ability to communicate orally and in writing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and work samples at www.som.com/careers under the LA - Senior Architectural Professional requisition. Thanks!
Archinect.com - 16 months ago
Skidmore Owings & Merrill prefers a skyline view. One of the world's largest architectural and engineering firms, Skidmore Owings...