Ideal candidates will be a Jack of all trades with a proven track record of developing and operating a cloud-based service.
We seek a candidate with 3+ years' experience with hands-on system administration with a focus on virtualization, and operational and deployment aspects of a cloud-based service.
The candidate will be responsible to provide end-to-end support including provisioning and maintaining servers, installing OS (Linux), application servers (Tomcat), web servers (Apache), database servers (MySQL), and the ActiveVOS Service Provider platform. The candidate shall support and improve existing automation capabilities.
The candidate will be responsible to provide 24x7 technical and operational support of an existing production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology such as the core ActiveVOS process automation platform on which the Cloud Extend Service , and associated BPMN/BPEL, XML, WSDL/SOAP, and REST/JSON technologies
- Scripting using Shell/Perl, and programming using Java
- Systems management experience installing/managing Linux (Ubuntu/Centos preferred)
- Familiar with volume manager concepts, automation using puppet or any configuration management
- Maintaining Tomcat, understanding of GC, JVM Tuning
- Load testing using JMeter
- MySQL installation/maintenance, MySQL replication, and MySQL DB Backup/Restore
- Virtualization using VMWare and Amazon EC2/EBS/S3/ELB
- Maintaining Nagios Server and Clients. Write custom scripts to monitor resource using Nagios.
- Apache 2.x configuration
- Documentation using wiki
About Active Endpoints
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other technology related fields
Active Endpoints is the process automation company that lets you deliver software your business really wants. Process automation is the ability to integrate people, processes, and systems to streamline workflows and increase your business efficiency. We are committed to supporting your business growth with a platform that delivers standards-based, high productivity tools for IT project teams.
Active Endpoints - 2 years ago