University of North Texas
The Division of Student Affairs supports the academic mission of the University of North Texas. The division is dedicated to providing a quality educational experience for students, and to help each feel appreciated within the university community. Student Affairs includes programs and services designed to support communication and career development, clarification of values and identity, intellectual growth, and the appreciation of diversity and global understanding. The division provides opportunities for students to develop responsible decision making abilities, quality communication skills, positive interpersonal relationships, exceptional leadership skills, and an appreciation of service to others. The Division of Student Affairs is committed to quality, efficient, and courteous services to students, alumni, faculty and staff.
The Leadership Coordinator in the Center for Leadership & Service oversees leadership development, training and outreach programs for students at the University of North Texas. This position reports to the Director of the Center for Leadership & Service under the Dean of Students in the Division of Student Affairs.
UNT's Center for Leadership & Service provides programs, services, and activities designed to enhance student learning and student engagement in leadership and service. The Center will integrate learning, service and leadership to promote a lasting commitment to civic responsibility and lifelong service. The Center also promotes the retention of students by meeting the educational, informational, and involvement needs of a diverse student population.
The Leadership Coordinator job responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative leadership in the development, coordination, and implementation of educational student leadership programs that enhance student learning and civic and social responsibility.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of leadership training workshops, leadership conferences/retreats, and other types of programs that promote leadership development in students.
- Serve as the program coordinator for the UNT LeaderShape Institute and assist in the planning and implementation of this leadership institute.
- Work with academic and student affairs departments across campus in the development of programs and by establishing a Leadership Advisory Council.
- Advise and support the LEAD League in the outreach of leadership training to student organizations.
- Serve as the Co-Advisor to the North Texas Forty Foundation (NT40), the top 40 leaders on campus who serve the UNT community in many different capacities.
- Assist in the development and serve as the adviser of the Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Honor Society.
- Develop, implement, and assess learning outcomes to ensure programs are meeting the needs of all UNT students.
- Coordinate the selection process, training, and overall supervision of all student workers designated to the Leadership Program.
- Develop and oversee the Eagle Leadership Transcripts.
- Produce, publish, and distribute communication to the UNT community about all programs and services.
- Maintain an accurate website.
- Serve on committees and task forces as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and one year of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Considerable knowledge of University policies and procedures related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area (or ability to rapidly assimilate)
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
Please provide resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references with online application.
Position Number: 110257
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
For complete career opportunity or information on how to apply, please visit:
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.
Copyright ©2009 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
- 4 years ago - save job