Job Summary: |
In accordance with our mission and core values, this position is established to actively participate with the renal dialysis staff by providing basic bed side care as well as functioning as a technician skilled in all aspects of hemodialysis under the direction of the RN.
- Performs treatment and patient care procedures according to unit policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates and adheres to Infection Control Policies.
- Documents care provided according to hospital policy.
- Expresses appropriate communication to patient, families, and other customers.
- Provides care according to developmental age.
- Promotes safety and prevents falls.
- Demonstrates flexibility to accomplish work tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Dialysis or other medical coursework preferred.
- One year of experience as a dialysis services technician including the preparation, operation and maintenance of kidney dialysis equipment preferred.
- BLS certification required.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Job Patient Care Support
Primary Location WA-Puyallup-Sjmc-Puyallup Dialysis Center
* Shift Part Time
* Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 32
* Weekends Required Every
* Status Part Time
St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area...