Job Number: MAC-001
Under general supervision, perform tasks related to the administrative support for patient
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve patient data.
- Obtains all information required for a patients record.
- Register and research funding information and verify eligibility.
- Prepares and enters charges and payments to patients accounts.
- Investigate incorrect billing on patients accounts.
- Verify completeness and explain registration documentation related to patient care.
- Answers telephone and provides information or schedule appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Insurance verification procedures
- Data entry
- Entering charges
- Investigating problems with patient billing
- Provide excellent customer service
- Answer phones and schedule patient appointments
While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly is required to interact with patients and staff while performing several duties simultaneously. The employee frequently is required to answer the phone and make patient appointments. The employee occasionally is required to perform analysis of patient billing for errors and recommend a solution for the problem.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Required CERTIFICATES/LICENSES/Certificates of Completion
The person performing this job will be exposed to: Confined work space, airborne and blood borne pathogens, noise, keeping others safe
Job News Austin - 2 years ago
VNA Community Healthcare offers a full range of professional home care services. All care is delivered under the supervision of the patient'...