Under general supervision, performs a variety of claim clerical support duties for the Service Center or Claim Office.
- Matches proper file and/or claim number on unidentified correspondence by use of the various Service Center or Claim Office data systems
- Searches files and/or work areas for missing or requested files
- Performs control operator functions for various equipment
- Periodically reviews and removes files for destruction or transfer to central storage; retrieves and/or re-files items from central storage facility and maintains accurate records of file activity
- Obtains copies of materials and/or operates photocopy equipment and assists in preparing materials for distribution
- Removes System form letters from printer and distributes to sender for signature before mailing
- Receives dock and messenger service deliveries and verifies accuracy of delivered material
- Prepares outgoing mail for shipment which includes the necessary attachments, wrapping, and sealing
- May assist in updating department manuals
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking messages, and sorting and filing mail and correspondence
- Keeps supervisor informed verbally and in writing of activities and problems within assigned area of responsibility; refers matters beyond limits of authority and expertise to supervisor for direction
- Performs other related work as required or requested
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you :
- One year of experience as a Claims Clerk II, or the equivalent, demonstrating a basic knowledge of computer operations and of claim file systems and procedures.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career;
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Crawford & Company - 15 months ago