MWH is offering an exciting Internship opportunity doing project controls/scheduling for the Susitna-Watana Hydro Project, and other projects as needed. The position is available for immediate hire. The successful candidate will work in the MWH Anchorage office, located minutes away from campus on Bragaw, just off Northern Lights. The office is open 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday; the work schedule is flexible to meet student needs.
MWH is the industry leader in global wet infrastructure development. We provide engineering design and remediation, construction, procurement, program management, and technology solutions for the environmental, land, water, wastewater, energy, and power markets of the Americas, Europe, Middle East, India, Asia and the Pacific Rim. MWH is looking for qualified candidates to join our staff for our expanding Alaskan operations.
The State of Alaska has authorized the Alaska Energy Authority to develop the Susitna-Watana Hydro Project on the Susitna River, Alaska. The purpose of this project is to help meet the future electric power needs of Alaska’s Railbelt Region. See www.susitna-watanahydro.org for information about the project.
Project Description and Overview
Under mentorship of the MWH Project Manager, the intern will perform project controls support services for environmental and engineering tasks including:
• Developing project schedules, updating cost and resource loaded schedules using Primavera P6 and other database programs, web-based tools and spreadsheets.
• Gathering, reviewing and incorporating updates for schedule, cost, progress and productivity for consultants and contractors. Verify reported progress, monitor earned value management, and conduct change order management and control.
• Identify deficiencies regarding project data for cost, schedule and progress status and resource requirements to Project Control Supervisor.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly program and project progress summary reports. Prepare ad hoc reports as required.
• Coordinate internally with MWH and client project managers, financial managers and technical staff on all matters related to project cost and schedule management.
• Attend meetings with design consultants, construction management consultants and contractors to review and approve baseline schedules, and attend regularly scheduled meetings as necessary to stay current on schedules.
• Must be currently enrolled and have completed at least two years of undergraduate courses in engineering, project management, or construction management.
• New college graduates are not eligible for internships at MWH; however, MWH hires recent graduates in an associate capacity. New graduates are encouraged to review and apply for associate roles of interest at www.mwhglobal.com.
• Knowledge of scheduling practices and cost engineering concepts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer skills using standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PP).
• Coursework in Construction Management, including scheduling required
• Previous Internship, work experience or classroom project experience using Primavera 6
• Interpersonal skills necessary for working in a team environment.
• Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and follows priorities.
TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE LIST ALL PERTINENT COURSEWORK, PROJECTS, INTERNSHIPS OR OTHER EXPERIENCES ON YOUR RESUME BEFORE APPLYING.
MWH - 24 months ago
If it's wet, MWH Global will make it work. The environmental engineering, construction, and management firm specializes in...