Operate injection molding machines to produce products which conform to part print. Assure products meet all quality specifications and are made according to the latest procedures and standards. Set up molding equipment to produce parts to specification.
High School diploma or equivalent plus minimum years of previous molding responsibilities in a manufacturing environment preferred. Ability to recognize issues and diagnose for quick resolution, maintain quality standards, and produce product per production schedules and deadlines. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
% of Time Major Area/Function
50% Set up molds and machines. Operate injection molding machines to produce specified product to quality and relieve other operators as required.
5% Use approved set up sheets to cycle machines.
5% Weigh materials and other specified ingredients per specifications or instructions and Load blended materials in hopper on molding machines as needed.
5% Maintain mold storage area in neat and orderly manner.
• Inspect mold and other tooling for damage or wear and promptly notifies supervisor of damage.
• Degate, deburr, and/or deflash molded parts within the molded cycle.
• Inspect production for visual defects; utilizes manual gauges or other instruments to inspect or sort molded product.
5% Remove molded parts from machines assuring standard cycle is met and all parts are cleared from tooling after each cycle.
• Perform other related tasks including, but not limited to housekeeping tasks required to keep work areas clean and organized.
• Correctly fills out all time reporting forms and all other related paperwork including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identifications tag, QA forms via electronic document storage, etc.
• Assist in training other employees performing similar tasks on the proper techniques and procedures in order to produce defect free parts.
• Communicate with the other shifts the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that might have an impact on their job.
• Perform other related duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
WORKING CONDITIONS - This position is in a clean room and office environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals such as alcohol.
SAINT-GOBAIN - 9 months ago