The position of the Document Control Specialist is
primarily responsible for the development, maintenance
and distribution of Quality documents within the Quality
Management System. In addition, the Document Control
Specialist will work with the Sales team and our
customers to assure various documentation requirements
are met, including timely and accurate submittal.
Responsibilities will also include assistance in the
identification, implementation and administration of
document control software.
1. Coordinate and assist company internal documnets
and subcontracors to effect a timely and accurate
preparation of customer submittal documents.
2. Assemble and transmit doucments to customers in
accordance with sales and order contract.
3. Maintain an up-to-date status of all project
specific and standard documents.
4. Review all documents before customer transmittal to
assess general compliance with contract requirements
5. In coordination with procurement, assure that MTRs
are validated to support customer requirements.
6. Maintain accurate and up-to-date archives for all
project specific and standard documentation.
7. Ensure all document requirements are completed in
accordance with contract schedules.
8. Receive and distribute customer document change
requirements to affected departements and follow up
to ensure timely revisions and re-transmittals.
9. Drive continuous improvement activities related to
the document control process, procedures and
10. Monitor accuracy and maintain data integrity of
the document system.
11. Produce stauts reports as requested, including
doucment tracking methods, document flow logs,
transmittal forms and distribution lists.
12. Assist sales staff as requested in review of
document requirements in bid contracts.
13. Assist and support the quality department with
on-site 3rd party and cusotmer inspection visits.
1. Minimum Education: High school diploma.
2. Minimum Experience: Three years of Document Control
experience in a cusomize-to-order or
engineer-to-order manufacturing environment or in a
EPC (Engineering, procurement construction firm).
3. Very strong computer skills, including proficiency
with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
SharePoint is a plus
4. Must be able to work independently and with minimal
5. Must be detailed oriented, efficient, and able to
6. Superior attention to detail and commitment to
meeting schedule requirements
7. Strong organizational skills and the ability to
8. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally
and in writing, with all company departments,
subcontractors and customer personnel.