Pediatrix Medical Group, a MEDNAX subsidiary, includes neonatal physicians who provide services at more than 250 neonatal intensive care units, and in many markets they collaborate with affiliated maternal-fetal medicine, pediatric cardiology physician subspecialists and pediatric intensivists to provide a clinical care continuum.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Medical Assistant, in our Wilmington Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic. The Medical Assistant assists in the delivery of health care services and patient care management. The Medical Assistant collaborates with the other health care team members to provide comprehensive care to women and their families experiencing a high-risk pregnancy.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants.
2. One (1) year experience in obstetrical nursing, medical office experience preferred.
3. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
4. Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
5. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
6. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
7. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
8. Skilled in assisting a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
9. Skilled in taking vital signs.
10. Skilled in maintaining records and recording test results.
11. Skilled in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
12. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
13. Maintain quality control standards.
14. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
15. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Click Here to Apply
MEDNAX is a multi-specialty medical group with a national focus. It is the holding company of Pediatrix Medical Group, American...