Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mobile Computing Group - Devices Research and Development division is looking for a talented and creative Senior Mechanical Product Design Engineer to help design our new mobile products. You will be part of a cross-functional team defining, developing and working with other Mechanical Product Design Engineers and overseas ODM mechanical teams to deliver reference to scale tablet and phone products on Intel architecture. You must demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong technical background with proven experience in high-volume consumer electronic devices (preferably handheld devices, such as Smartphones, Tablets, etc).
- Ensure the design and product development, including, but not limited to architecture definition, internal components, cosmetic parts
- Ensure the design meets the Product Marketing requirements, the Industrial Design goals (i.e. materials, fit & finishes), DFX requirements, and Carrier, Regulatory and Environmental mechanical specifications
- Work with tool designers (internal or external partners) to help define tool architecture to meet the Design Intent: mechanical specifications, materials, colors and finishes
- Work closely with ODM Mechanical Teams, suppliers and other cross-functional design teams:
- Lead ODM teams to meet product specification, schedule, budget and high quality.
- Ensure clear and constant communication.
- Manage and coordinate design and development priorities.
- Create mechanical component specifications for electro-mechanical systems, i.e. LCD, Audio, Batteries, Antennas, RF Shielding.
- Research new materials and processes.
- Prepare detailed mechanical design, test and manufacturing documentation.
This role will require domestic and international travel up to 20%.
- BSME minimum and 8+ years relevant experience in mechanical product design
- 5-years experience in high volume consumer electronics design and manufacturing (Smartphone and/or Tablet design preferred), including solid knowledge of plastics, die casting and metal design and technology.
- 5-years 3D CAD experience, i.e. ProE, Unigraphics
- Strong and fearless communicator.
- 3-years experience in managing overseas ODMs and suppliers
- 1-year experience with high end cosmetic finishes, tight tolerances, materials, tolerance analysis, failure analysis, design of experiments and great knowledge of tooling definition and architecture.
- 3-years experience producing technical documentation: specifications, design requirements, etc
USA-California, Santa Clara
Jan 25, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...